A piece of code can create beautiful music.
Never underestimate the power of a computer code. It is as elegant as a soothing scenery and as cruel as Satan from hell ( the viruses ).
Today we will introduce to you a compact and cool programming language called – ChucK. ChucK is a strongly timed programming language, which means it has its own internal clock and it works along it. ChucK has a very strong friendship with time. Everything which happens in ChucK happens with advance in time. Each line of code can be asked to wait for a particular time period or could be made to get executed at a particular point of time. Lets write a program in ChucK to make some music. Before that here are some features of ChucK.
- ChucK is a programming language tailored for making sound.
- ChucK is designed around time.
- ChucK has concurrency i.e. running multiple Shreds together.
- ChucK is a High Level Language i.e. has simple text like code which is easy to understand.
- ChucK is open source and freely available.