Get Match Score With Spring data elastic search in Spring Boot for a Query
Hi everyone, I am gonna share the scoring and percentage from the es query to order results and show them to the user.
Previously, I was using an elastic search rest-client template to have a search query, but that way I have to do extract score, and list of data with mapping to the required format. The configuration is a little more and complex than using spring data elasticsearch directly. But after looking for a solution to fix some other issue I have, I got the solution for getting a score directly from spring data elasticsearch with a little modification.
Let me share.
I have done with pagination, but you can do normally too by using stream with a list instead. let me know if you want in the comments below, I will add.
Steps to get Match Score Elasticsearch
- We create a normal Query like match query
- call the bookpage method with a query and pageable parameters
- Create a search query with required options
- Call the elastic search template query method to modify and extract the response. it is the main point where you get the hit score and total hits.
- call additional bookDOFromMap method to get a score and append to DTO.
6. Now you have the score calculated from hit score of each record vs all records.
You can modify the query or scoring logic; by using a function score query with a scoring function for your needs.
I hope it will help, you.
Also, do check out other blog for more tech posts like this.